Monday, October 25, 2010

Scaring myself.

I've been reading blogs.  Blogs that scare me.  Blogs about severely disabled children and blogs about grieving lost children.  Why do I scare myself like this? 

I think it's because I like to be prepared.  I have always found myself imagining the worst possible outcomes of any situation, preparing for that outcome, and being pleasantly surprised when things turned out better than I had expected.  The downside, of course, is all the additional stress I put on myself.  But I really don't know any other way to handle my fears - this is how I've always done things.

How would I react if something terrible happened to Ganon?  I don't know, but at least now I know that it wouldn't be the end of everything.  Somehow, these brave parents have coped, and that means I could, too.  That's what lets me sleep at night - the knowledge that no matter how bad things get, I will always find some way to pull through.

No comments:

Post a Comment