Thursday, November 4, 2010

Abbreviations

I thought it would be prudent to make a list of abbreviations I use in my patterns here.  I use pretty standard abbreviations, and an experienced knitter/crocheter should be able to figure out the rest...  I do try to explain any abbreviations I use within the pattern, but sometimes I forget.  I will also try to update this list as I use more abbreviations.

Knitting abbreviations:
K: Knit
P: Purl
K2tog or P2tog: Knit or purl two stitches together
Sl: slip stitch
Slp: slip purlwise
AxB ribbing: Work "A" Knit stitches, then "B" Purl stitches, and repeat

Crochet abbreviations:
Ch: Chain stitch
Sl st: slip stitch
SC: Single Crochet
HDC: Half Double Crochet
DC: Double Crochet
TC: Treble Crochet
inc: Increase (work two stitches in the next stitch)
SC2tog: Single Crochet 2 together
dec: invisible decrease

No comments:

Post a Comment